Bayonne/Biarritz/St Jean de Luz
At every turns of the narrow streets of BAYONNE with the distinctive half timbered houses that typify the town center, you will come cross vestiges of the rich past, from the town roman fortifications to the magnificent 14th century gothic catedral of Sainte Marie. At the gateway to the ocean, Bayonne used to be a little venice.
Bayonne's close neighbour BIARRITZ : This city had become the preferred seaside resort of Europe's royal families and Heads of State. The luxurious Hotel du Palais built by Napoleon III for the Empress Eugénie, the Casinos and the night-life of this elegant sea side town, the "haute couture" shops and a dizzily wide choice of excellent restaurants, the famous surf spots and the sea museum, make Biarritz a prestigious stopover.
Saint Jean de Luz city : visit the richly furnished apartments of King Louis XIV, the Sun King. It's also a shopper's paradise from high fashion to local food and craft products.
- Must See The Sanctuaries of Our Lady of Lourdes - The Grotto of Massabielle is the place where the Virgin appeared in 1858 to Bernadette Soubirous, a 14-year-old girl from Lourdes.
- The Guggenheim Museum Bilbao is part of an international constellation of museums, which allows it to access an extensive Permanent Collection comprised from all the works in the Guggenheim collection
- The fêtes de Bayonne is a feria consisting in a series of festivals in the Northern Basque Country in the town of Bayonne, France. The festival lasts 5 days in august.
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Pascal Marty, Director
50 allées Marines
France+33 (0)5 59 46 58 81
- Chamber of Commerce and industry Bayonne Basque Country