As Norway's second largest cruise port, we need to change in line with our customers needs. To develop the Geirangerfjord as a 21st century tourist destination, a SeaWalk (a floating pier system) was opened in July 2013.. This enables cruise passengers to walk directly ashore into Geiranger town centre. The SeaWalk develops Geiranger as one of the world's most unique tourist destinations, reduces the environmental impact, and creates a better customer experience. With SeaWalk in Geiranger and Hellesylt Quay, which was opened May 17th 2012, the two charming villages at each end of Geirangerfjord are well prepared to welcome cruise ships in the years to come.
- The Overland Excursion is providing a cross-section of Norway: magnificent fjords, snow-capped mountains, ice blue lakes, plunging waterfalls, glaciers, unspoilt valleys, and panoramic views.
- A must on any visit to Geiranger. Admire the spectacular views of Geirangerfjord, the landscape contrasts, and the mountain panorama from Geiranger Skywalk Dalsnibba at 1500 m.a.s.l.
- Norwegian Fjordcenter offers a unique and rewarding insight into the history, the colorful people, and the fabulous natural scenery of the area. Meet the unique culture and nature of our fjords!
- Enjoy a visit to the charming summer farm of Herdal, with old buildings and traditions in beautiful surroundings, and admire the Geirangerfjord views from Eagle Bend.
- Stay 1/2 day in Hellesylt and 1/2 day in Geiranger - get maximum utilization of the day. Do the famous full day excursions, and double the possibilites for half day excursions!
- Experience exciting walks along the impressive waterfalls both in Geiranger and in Hellesylt.
- Geirangerfjord Cruise Port
Rita Berstad Maraak, Port Director
Norway+47 464 111 13/31/34
- Geiranger & Nordfjord Cruise Handling
- Geiranger Fjordservice AS