Visit Harstad has a wide variety of adventures for your guests, ranging from important Viking age and Medieval treasures at the Trondenes peninsula, via whale and wildlife safaris, midnight sun and Northern Lights, festivals, active shoreexes and spectacular food and wine experiences. Turnaround operations can be arranged.
- The northernmost stone church dating from Medieval times (1250). One of the foremost cultural heritages in Northern Norway from this period. It houses many artifacts, and has a rare interior.
- The Largest land based gun in the world. The gun was built by the German military during WW2 for battleships with a range of 56km. It was able to fire munitions up to 1030 kilos.
- Exhibitions and multivision which will give a unique insight into the exciting history of Northern Norway, incl. Our Viking Heritage, through archeological exhibits, music, smells and sounds.
- Trading post and guesthouse dating back to the 16th century and run by the 13th generation of the family. The main house (from 1750) or the gallery from 1899 provides beautiful settings for events.
- Exciting RIB tour in Harstads amazing archipelago: eagles, seals, whales, and Krykkjeberget, a mountainside with thousands of nesting kittiwakes - a redlisted fantastic bird.
- At Elgsnes beach we will admire the Northern Lights and take stunning photographs, listen to the history of old Elgsnes farm and trading station. A professional photographer will join the tour,
- Visit Harstad as
Lisbeth Hansen, Brand Manager
PO 654, Sjøgata 1 B
N - 9486 Harstad
Norway+47 941 88 036
- Port of Harstad - Harstad Havn KF