The harbor is open 24 hours and all service is available around the clock. Port of Isafjordur has modern harbor facilities including new 190 meters long wharf with 8,0 meters depth at low tide water where vessels can stay off the pier at SW corner 15 mtr. and NA corner 30 mtr. if draft promise.
Although relatively small, Isafjordur is a bustling and widely visited harbor servicing cruise ships and cargo vessels as well as fishing vessels.
Cruise ship arrivals in Isafjordur have been steadily increasing over the last decade or so. In the year 2015, 60 ship calls have already been announced, so the outlook is good. However, we allways welcome more traffic.
- 30 minutes from Ísafjörður by ferry. The island is in the Ísafjarðardjúp bay and is the home to birds such as eider ducks, arctic terns and puffins. Refreshments in the historical „Viktoria‘s House“.
- One hour from Isafjordur by ferry across the scenic Ísafjarðardjúp bay. Hesteyri is an abandoned, historical village in the Hornstrandir Nature Reserve. Short history walk, refreshments on offer.
- Visit the small fishing villages, surrounded by majestic mountains and beautiful fjords. Bus tours and private taxi tours available.
- Enjoy the cafés and shopping area downtown, visit the museums and the old town. Easily accessible hiking routes in the hills and valleys around.
- Harbour Master Isafjordur
Gudmundur Magnus Kristjansson, Harbour master
Iceland+354 450 8081
- Isafjordur Tourist Info
- Fresh Water