- With its arcade streets, fine renaissance homes and XVIIIth century residences, sober and noble town mansions from shipowners, La Rochelle can boast of a prestigious patrimony.
- On the Ré island, all natural open spaces are classified : vineyards, forests, salt marshes, oyster parks...
- "The sleeping beauty's château". Built in the 15th century, this fortified castle was transformed into a comfortable residence in the 17th century by Jean-Louis de Courbon.
- The Saintonge area crossed by the River Charente offers some exceptional sightseeing. In Saintes, are some of the finest examples of Romanesque Art : the Abbaye aux Dames, the amphitheatre.
- Cognac lies on the banks of the river Charente "the most beautiful stream of my kingdom" used to say Henry IV.
- HARBOUR MASTER
Pascal COURTHEOUX, Harbour Master
17001 La Rochelle Cedex
France+33 5 46 00 56 30
- Tourist Office
- PORT OF LA ROCHELLE