Lofoten is dotted with picturesque villages and fish-drying racks, as stockfish – dried cod – has been the main export since the Middle Ages. The five main islands are linked by road and you can easily cross all five and return in a day. Passengers can also disembark at one port and rejoin the ship at another. Various national and international publications have named different places in Lofoten “the most beautiful beach in Norway”, “the most beautiful islands in the world” and “the most beautiful view in the world”
- Enter the largest longhouse found from the Viking Age - throughout the world. Feel the smell of tar and bonfire. Study beautiful crafts and architecture.
- Lofoten has, as known, countless numbers of mountains to offer. There are also a number of providers who offer guided mountain tours - whether you want to go for the view or a challenge.
- Fishing tours, boat trips, sightseeing, kayaking, SUP, rib safaris, rafting, jetski, scuba diving, water skiing, surfing - There are a number of providers of these activities in the area.
- As many know, Lofoten is filled with long, exotic white beaches. There is even one just a few meters from the pier! Haukland, Uttakleiv, Kvalvika, Bunes and Buksnesfjord and many more.
- A comprehensive fishing village museum displaying 150 year old coastal building environments.
- On Aalan gård you will find the true and natural Lofoten experience, where you as a tourist can actively experience a diverse farm with cheese production, herb garden and many different animals.
- Port of Leknes
Kjell Jakobsen, Harbour Master
Norway+47 416 55 920
- Leknes harbour