Greenwich is internationally recognised as the home of Greenwich Mean Time and the world’s Prime Meridian Line, Longitude 0°, marked by line and laser at the Royal Observatory Greenwich. Every place on Earth is measured from here.
Greenwich will soon be welcoming more international cruise passengers to its shores as London’s first ever cruise port is set to open in 2018/19. Located in a prime location on the banks of London’s river Thames the cruise port is equidistant between the UNESCO Maritime Greenwich World Heritage Site and Greenwich Peninsula.
London City Cruise Port will accommodate vessels up to 240m in length and 8m draught. It will be London’s most central cruise port with alongside port facilities, giving visitors a world class experience.
- Stand on the historic Prime Meridian of the World at the Royal Observatory, with one foot in the east and one in the west. Commissioned by Charles II in 1675 the Observatory is open daily 10.00-5.00.
- Cutty Sark is the world’s sole surviving tea clipper, and fastest ship of her time. This 19th-century sailing ship has been raised over three metres so you can walk underneath the glittering hull.
- Cutty Sark ithe world’s sole surviving tea clipper, and fastest ship of her time. This 19th-century sailing ship has been raised over three metres so you can walk underneath the hull. Open 10.00-5.00
- Starting life as a retirement home for Royal Navy veterans, the Old Royal Naval College was laid out by Christopher Wren . The magnificent Painted Hall and baroque Chapel are open daily 10.00-5.00.
- The O2 arena is the most successful entertainment venue in the world and regularly hosts some of the biggest names in music, comedy and sport. You can also walk over the roof at Up at The O2.
- The most historic of all Royal Parks, Greenwich Park dates back to Roman times and was enclosed in 1427. From the statue of General Wolfe the park offers imperious views across the River Thames.
- London City Cruise Port
Kate O'Hara, CEO
Enderby Riverside Ltd, 8 Hill Street. 6th Floor, St Helier, Jersey
JE2 4UA Jersey