The city of Molde, known for its roses and International Jazz Festival, faces the fjord and is famous for its panoramic view
of 222 mountain peaks. The famous Atlantic Road - labelled the world’s best road trip and Norways best bike tour,
is a short distance from Molde.
The city of Åndalsnes has a unique setting beside the Romsdal Alps, this is the starting point for the wild and beautiful Rauma Line, the Trollveggen Mountainwall and the world famous winding road of Trollstigen.
Cruise ships dock in the town centres, perfect for independent exploration. A great number of excursions. Ships visiting the two harbours within 24 hours stay at both harbours for a combined fee, perfect for excursions to some of Norway’s most popular sights in one day.
- Opened in 1936, and is a must-see attraction. 11 hairpin turns wind their way nearly 3000 feet up the mountain . The road is cut into the rock face. Beautiful waterfalls
- The Varden Viewpoint, Molde panorama of 222 mountain peaks. The Molde Cathedral, the Rose Garden and the children`s folk dance group at the Romsdal Museum
- One of the most exciting railways in the world, built in 1924. Passes waterfalls, salmon fishing, and the spectacular Trollveggen. 570 m. Visitorcenter at Trollveggen, opened 2011.
- The Atlantic Road zigzags across bridges and between small islands. Amazing on sunny days, and fantastically dramatic in stormy weather. Voted the world`s most beautiful road trip!
- Molde & Romsdal Havn IKS
Norway+47 711 916 20
- Destination Molde & Romsdal AS
- Åndalsnes & Romsdal Reiselivslag