It is the home of Ofoten railway, the navvies, the famous bears Salt & Pepper and its unique war history.
It was the first industrial town in Northern Norway and was given town status in 1902 as the construction of the Ofoten Railway was completed. A town centre was formed and its unique culture was, and still is, influenced by Swedish navvies, British engineers and sailors from across the world. Located 45 km from the Swedish border you can visit two countries in one day.
- The world’s northernmost wildlife park. With its 114 acres of natural habitat it houses Arctic animals such as wolves, brown bear, lynx, wolverine, mouse, reindeer, musk oxen and fox.
- The line was once described as the 8th Wonder of the World and was the northernmost, coldest and harshest railway construction project the world had ever seen. Visit 2 countries in one day.
- Narvikfjellet offers activities both summer and winter. Spectacular views from the Mountain Restaurant. The cable car brings you to an altitude of 656 metres above sea level in just 5 minutes.
- Narvik’s dramatic history from World War II. The museum’s exhibits document through the period 1940-1945 and contain an original enigma machine and a Victoria Cross.
- Glide across the blanket of snow to the sound of the runners, the panting of the dogs and feel the wind on your face. The journey will take us out into the magnificent landscape where we enjoy views.
- Skjomen is known for its scenic and volcanic terrain with high, steep mountains, and clear water - Norway in a nutshell. Frostisen glacier, one of the larger plateau glaciers in Norway, is in Skjomen.
- Cruise Narvik
Norway+47 99 00 58 42