The historic centre oozes culture and history with landmarks such as the Peace Palace(International Court of Justice), Binnenhof (parliament), and Noordeinde Palace (theking’s offices). Boutiques, cafes, concert and dance venues, galleries, flagship stores,museums and restaurants offer something to everyone who loves culture, shopping and nightlife. The Hague is the perfect city for 'shopping in style'. As its name suggests, the Court District is the perfect venue.
Scheveningen beach is very popular and offers many attractions to visit. You can stroll on the boulevard from the port to the Pier and the famous Kurhaus. Other activities include the sea aquarium Sea Life and a ride on the Ferris wheel.
For more information about shore excursions: https://www.denhaag.com/en
- With your back to the peace flame, admire the most photographed building in The Hague: the Peace Palace. The International Court of Justice and the Permanent Court of Arbitration are based here.
- The Hague is the perfect city for shopping in style. The city centre has flagship stores such as Zara, the Bijenkorf and Marks & Spencer.
- Mind-boggling! The works of the great Dutch artist M.C. Escher defy reality big time. This museum, a former royal winter palace, shows them all.
- This magical, monumental painting of astonishing charm and beauty provides a 360º panorama of Scheveningen from 1881.
- Miniature theme park Madurodam in The Hague is the ultimate place to discover what makes Holland so unique within a short period of time. Canal houses, tulip fields: you will find them all!
- Enjoy a long beach walk, a day of paddling, strolling along the boulevard or building giant sandcastles beside the waves. Beach life and city life go together in The Hague!
- Seaport The Hague - Scheveningen
Anita Verwoest, Project Director Seaport The Hague - Scheveningen
2583 DM The Hague
The Netherlands+31 6 557 81034
- Port of Galway