- Nyksund is a former fishing village which was abandoned for many years, but is now a vibrant little village. You can still see and experience how people lived 100 years ago.
- Experience the exotic native Sami culture. We tell you the stories about our Sami culture, myths and magic, herding reindeers, and the daily life of the arctic reindeers and their exciting properties.
- A unique concert in the old fish container tank. The sound carries for more than 23 seconds, surrounding you totally and creating sounds no technical equipment can.
- With its 200 year long history it closed it’s doors in 1982. Everything remains as it was when it closed. The manor house has a sculpture exhibit in the garden and a gallery in the main house.
- Vesterålen is located on the edge of the continental shelf, where the nutrient-rich ocean is a primary feeding ground for whales. This geographical privilege makes the area perfect for whale safaris.
- A traditional Norwegian farm with a prize-winning cheese production. This is a genuine local culinary experience. The farm also has friendly lamas you can walk and is well suited for a family visit.
- Sortland Port Authority
Einar Glad Hansen