Combine the excellent dedicated cruise facilities with the fact that Visby is 1-night sailing from all the major Baltic Cruise ports the perfect destination is a fact.
Tourist have a huge number of possibilities in this UNESCO heritage old walled Hansa-city. The 27 remaining towers and the 3-km long ring wall is a perfect setting for a stroll. The city, in walking distance with history, shopping, culture. Within the walls you also find Almedalen where Swedish politicians annually meet, and the garden created by Botanist Carl von Linnés in the 18th century. City has 13 medieval church ruins, a dome and more than 150 houses dating back long as 13th century. Outside the wall you find unique nature and interesting shopping possibilities. Why not visit the small Island Fårö with the Rauks at Langhammars dating back to the Ice-age.
- Walking distance, UNESCO city with attractions. Shopping among the historic city. Visit Museum, Ruins, the historic Cathedral. Explore local life at the many cafees, or rest at Linnés Bothanic garden
- Follow in the foodsteps of ancient explores. Its possible to see Picture stones, Churches, Museums, Graves all date 1000 yearback, read more: http://gotland.com/en/visit/articles-guides/vikings/
- You absolutely need pottery, glass, leather, jewels, cheramics, a wollen plaid or a lambskin. Visit the many lokal shops and find genuine craftmanship in the locally manufactured products.
- Gotland, as an island, has a special diversified nature. Högklints nature reservat, Fårö's Ice age landscape, Lummelunda limestone cave always impressive. Or the peacefull Linné bothanical garden
- Member of Hanseatic league from 13th century. Visible remais include Domminican Monestary, City walls, The old Pharmacy. Valdemars-cross at a medieval mass grave. Exhibition at the city museum.
- Copenhagen Malmö Port, Visby
Henrik Ahlqvist, Terminal manager
621 58 Visby
Sweden+46 70 60 14 085